Every home needs reliable hot water. We are your local professionals that have over 40 years of experience and are here when you need water heater installation, repair, or maintenance. If you’re unsure which type of water heater works bests for your home, don’t hesitate to trust SUNDANCE Energy for the solution. You can count on us for your home’s comfort because our only goal is to make your home the safest, healthiest, and most comfortable.
Gas or Electric Water Heater: Which Is Better?
The different types of water heaters can be overwhelming. Our professionals are here to help by outlining some of the key differences between gas and electric heaters so you can better understand the system you’re choosing.
- Gas heaters have an open flame that may need to be relit occasionally, but unlike electric heaters, they work all the time, even in power outages. However, an open flame may not be the safest option if you have kids. If your home already has a gas line, gas heaters provide faster hot water with a lower operating cost. If your space isn’t already prepared for gas installation can be a significant investment. Gas units can either be used with propane or natural gas, but many homes choose natural gas, as other home appliances use natural gas as well.
- Electric water heaters have a wide variety of sizes if you need a point-of-use application for a sink or secondary building detached from your primary residence. Since all homes have electricity, this heater has a low initial cost and doesn’t have an open flame, so it is typically safer for families with small children. However, it does have a higher operating cost than the gas option. SUNDANCE Energy is here for you with expert water heaters in Bothell if you still have questions about what type of water heater is best for you.
“The staff from SUNDANCE Energy repaired and serviced our two gas fireplaces, she did a great job and our fireplaces work again and look really clean!” Tracy B.
“Michael Rierson from SUNDANCE Energy serviced my furnance and gas fireplace. I was very impressed with Michael's knowledge and excellent customer service.” John B.
“Jordan performed maintenance and cleaning of my two gas insert fireplaces. He was polite, professional and friendly. Very nice to work with and answered all of my questions.” Christina I.
“Jordan was great!! He was respectful, polite and informative.” Terry B.
“The technician was very helpful, provided the information about what to check and how to fix it on my own. Followed his suggestions/instructions and could resolve the problem.” Narasimha A.
Like every appliance in your home, your water heater needs maintenance to stay safe and at its highest efficiency.
Here are a few maintenance tips to reduce energy costs:
- Adjust water temperature: You can save up to 5% in energy costs for every ten degrees you lower the water temperature. If you’re going out of town for a few days, you can also put your heater on vacation mode, so it doesn’t heat unnecessary water.
- Flush the heater: You should clean your water heater semi-annually to reduce mineral buildup and limescale. Ignoring this maintenance practice can reduce the lifespan of many appliances and create hard water.
- Use insulation: Adding insulation around the pipes and tank of your heater can increase its efficiency, but it’s essential that you don’t cover the access panel, temperature release valve, or top of the heater in case it needs repairs.
At SUNDANCE Energy, we always want you to have access to the hot water you deserve. Don’t pay more because of an inefficient heater when we provide quality maintenance. Our expert water heaters in Bothell ensure that your home is comfortable.