SUNDANCE Energy has over 40 years of experience, making your home the most comfortable, safe, and healthiest place to live. Your air conditioner can last for years with regular maintenance that keeps essential parts clean and strong. Trust our licensed professionals for expert AC services in the Pacific Northwest when your home isn’t at its most comfortable.
What Is Involved in AC Maintenance?
Your air conditioner can last up to 20 years if maintained properly. Preventive maintenance that protects your system is the only way to minimize repairs.
This service includes:
- Changing the filter: Depending on your filter type and lifestyle, you should change the filter every three to six months. Lifestyles that include pets or regular smoking should change the filter more often than recommended.
- Annual tune-ups: Before the summer begins, you should schedule an annual tune-up to confirm that your AC is prepared for the season ahead. This allows our experts to take care of potential repairs, so you’re never without comfort.
- Cleaning the condenser: If your air conditioner has been dormant all winter, dirt and debris can build up in your condenser. You should always maintain a five-foot radius around the unit that is clear of landscaping, so debris doesn’t clog your system. In the winter, also search for signs of nesting as rodents can chew necessary wiring.
Preventative maintenance like these services keeps your unit at its best all year long. If you don’t schedule annual tune-ups and change the filter regularly, your system will be at risk for low indoor air quality and reduced airflow, which leads to overheating. Our expert AC services in Bothell help your unit last a long time.
“The staff from SUNDANCE Energy repaired and serviced our two gas fireplaces, she did a great job and our fireplaces work again and look really clean!” Tracy B.
“Michael Rierson from SUNDANCE Energy serviced my furnance and gas fireplace. I was very impressed with Michael's knowledge and excellent customer service.” John B.
“Jordan performed maintenance and cleaning of my two gas insert fireplaces. He was polite, professional and friendly. Very nice to work with and answered all of my questions.” Christina I.
“Jordan was great!! He was respectful, polite and informative.” Terry B.
“The technician was very helpful, provided the information about what to check and how to fix it on my own. Followed his suggestions/instructions and could resolve the problem.” Narasimha A.
If you don’t properly maintain your system, your AC unit will be at risk for typically preventable repairs.
These common issues include:
- Frozen components: When your AC isn’t in use in the winter, leftover water can freeze and expand in your evaporator coils. This can cause these coils to burst. Don’t hesitate to contact our professionals if you notice frost or ice on your unit.
- Clogged filters: By not changing your filter as recommended, your filter and unit will clog. This limits airflow and causes over-cycling. If this issue persists, you may overheat and overwork parts, causing an easily preventable repair.
- Foul odors: Your AC unit should never smell like mold, mildew, burning, or gas. All these unpleasant smells are signs of a broken-down unit. A burning or gas smell indicates that you need immediate service and should shut your system off until our professionals can provide expert AC services in Bothell.
At SUNDANCE Energy, our only goal is to keep your home at its best. These issues with your AC system reduce the safety of your system and indoor air quality. Our licensed professionals have over 40 years of experience providing comfort to our thousands of customers. There’s no reason for you to be stuck in the uncomfortable heat this winter when we can keep your unit at its best with repairs and maintenance.